North Bovey Conservation Group AGM
7:30 pm Tuesday 24th March 2020 Parish Hall All welcome
2) Approval of Minutes of 2019 AGM
3) Matters arising
4) Election of Officers
• Project organiser
5) Secretary’s report
6) Treasurer’s report
7) Project organiser’s report
8) Sub-group leaders reports
Dark Skies project
9) PR and fund-raising
• DNPA volunteer network
• DNPA communities fund
• Village Fair
10) New projects
For further information contact NBCG secretary: Hazel Jones
email@example.com or 01647 440143
Minutes of the Annual General Meeting of the North Bovey Conservation group held on 20th March 2019
Present: Hazel Jones (Secretary), John Clark (Project Organiser) and 15 current and potential members of the Group.
1) Apologies: Mike Rego, Ebbe Pedersen (Treasurer) Pamela Manning, Laurence Shorthouse, Chris Marshall, Ruth Blinston, Bob Small, John Mills, Iain Wylie
2) Approval of Minutes 20th March 2018 – minutes approved with no amendments
3) Matters arising – None
4) Election of Officers
• Treasurer Ebbe Pedersen
• Project organiser John Clark
• Secretary Hazel Jones
• Other Committee members
o John Adamson as deputy Project organiser
5) Secretary’s report:
• Insurance – Zurich’s specialist insurance team, one of the leading providers of insurance for conservation groups. Current insurance gives cover for all group members including Road Warden and Snow Warden (indemnity limit £5M). Cost essentially the same, now includes cover for equipment up to £5000.
• Membership stands at 45.
• 29 members active during the last year. 943 person.hours contributed by group members April 2018 – March 2019. This compares with 646 person.hours in the previous year.
943 person/hours equivalent to £7383 @national living wage
• Hours are almost certainly under-reported as members tend to react as problems arise and do not always inform the secretary.
6) Treasurer’s report:
Copies of accounts for 10-02-2017 – 09-02-2018 were handed out.
Bank balance at 09-02-2016 was £2930.25.
7) Project organiser’s report:
The work on the Rights of Way in the Parish continues in collaboration with our DNPA Ranger.
Non-native invasive species work undertaken in collaboration with DNPA (James Rogers)
Dark Sky Park application in draft stage
9) PR and fund raising
Village Fair 2017
Signed stars for Xmas tree raised £69 for Morecare. Letter of thanks received.
Funds granted to the group by:
HLF Moor than Meets the Eye projects ends October 2019
DNPA Volunteer Network Conservation Group support
Village fair Conservation Group support
Individual donations Conservation Group support
DNPA communities fund Swift boxes and boardwalk
10) Ongoing and new projects:
• NNIS clearance (skunk cabbage with DNPA) Himalayan balsam DNPA, Bovey Castle.
• Funding obtained from DNPA Communities fund to create a boardwalk across the meadow near Bovey bridge to replace the rapidly eroding riverside path to Bovey Castle. No progress!
• Pot-hole filling under roadwarden scheme to be trialled.
• More test pitting events, sites to be determined.