The North Bovey Parish Hall is a beautiful thatched building right on the village green. It was originally built as a stables for the Glebe and in 1927 was converted into the Parish Hall, with the aim (as stated in the original deeds) of providing a place for ‘meetings, lectures and classes and for other forms of recreation and leisure-time occupation’.
The hall is available for all to use and is a fantastic asset to the Parish. It’s in a wonderful setting, is well-maintained and has good facilities. The main room can seat up to 60 people, whilst the smaller room 10. There is full wheelchair access and toilet facilities.
The Parish Hall serves as a hub for the village and the notice board outside carries all current information, both about the hall itself but also about the village and Parish in general.
Management: The North Bovey Parish Hall is managed by the NBPH Trust, which consists of 6 elected Parishioners who meet during the year. The Annual General Meeting is generally held in November of each year, when elections are made.
Uses: Currently the hall is used for a variety of events and activities which include; Lectures, Dance Classes, Meetings , Trade fairs, Exhibitions, Catered events, Children’s parties. Table Tennis (Table, bats and balls all available and can be booked for a very modest fee)
Bookings information: To discuss booking availability for your event please get in touch with the Bookings Secretary: Hazel Jones 01647 440143
Fundraising: The NBPH is a registered charity so is reliant on funding and donations to keep it maintained. A proportion of the proceeds from the annual village fair go towards the upkeep of the hall. The best way to support the NBPH is to keep using it! All private donations welcome which can qualify for Gift Aid.
Chairman and Treasurer |Gordon Hurst | 01647 221535
Secretary | Sue Morris 01647 441585
Trustees: Richard Loughton, Sarah Loughton, Robert Tulloch, Andy Manning.