North Bovey Parish Council
Parish Clerk Vacancy
North Bovey Parish Council is a small local authority that represents the first level of local government. As they are the authorities closest to the people, parish councils are invariably the first place people will go with concerns or ideas, and for this reason they are a vital part of any community.
North Bovey Parish Council is looking for an organised and self-motivated individual to fill the role of Parish Clerk. The vacancy is for a minimum of 17.5 hours per month on a flexible basis. This will mostly be home based working, with bi-monthly meetings on the second Tuesday at 7.30pm. The salary is based on National Pay Scales.
The range of responsibilities expected of a Clerk in order to fully meet the needs and best interests of the Parish Council are set out as follows:
- Act as Proper Officer and Responsible Financial Officer for North Bovey Parish Council
- The Clerk will prepare the agendas for the meetings of the Parish Council, will attend such meetings and will prepare the minutes of such meetings for submission to the Council for approval.
- The Clerk will prepare the agendas for, attend and prepare the minutes of the Annual Parish Meeting and any other parish meetings held during the year where necessary, and implement the decisions that are agreed by the Council.
- Fulfil the role of Council Secretary
- Liaise with other authorities and bodies
- Oversee the day to day business of the Parish
Qualifications and experience required:
- Applicants will need to be computer literate, able to prepare Council agendas and record minutes, and be familiar with book keeping/financial procedures.
- Experience in a similar position is preferred
- Applicants will need to be willing to attend training for Parish Clerks.
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings
Applicants please apply by email: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 12 noon on Monday 4th January 2021. Interviews will take place via the Zoom platform after the closing date.